Friday, April 27, 2007

O Holy Night

So I almost hate to say this for fear of jinxing it, but Nathan has started to sleep through the night. (There it is - now that I've not only thought it but put it on paper, I'm sure to see everything go right back to the way it was.)

Seriously, though, he's sleeping. And not just the 5-6 hours that they say constitute 'sleeping through the night.' He's sleeping 8 hours at a time. 8 hours!!! I kid you not. He has done it the past two nights, and I just keep thinking he's going to realize that he likes eating more than he does sleeping and start getting up every 2-3 hours again. Which would be okay, but man, I like this way a whole lot better. In fact, I'm so gosh darn energized when he does wake me up, usually around 5am, that after I feed him from boobs about to burst with milk, I go in the other room and pump the rest. And then I come back to bed and get to go back to sleep for another hour or so until Sabrina wakes up. This is something I could keep doing for a long time.

It's so much nicer than the bleary stumble to the changing table and then back in to bed to nurse him every 2 hours or so. Although I've developed some favorites on TV to keep me company. I like the Craig Ferguson show on CBS. He's really, genuinely funny. It doesn't seem nearly as scripted as some of the other late-night shows. And I also like the ABC News Now show that's on from 2-5am. I keep it on that one for a long time. Then I'll switch over to local news if I'm up anytime past 5am to see what the local weather is going to be like and to plan my day with Sabrina. Plus, there are things we have on TiVo. So I can totally survive another few months of sleeplessness if I have to. But the taste of sleep is so sweet. You just gotta love it.

No comments: