Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cranky days are here again

So it's been a very cranky day around our household so far. And I don't know exactly why.

Since it's the weekend, I got to sleep in this morning while John took the kids down and fed them breakfast. (Tomorrow will be his turn.) And the sleep was great and well-needed, but my dreams were strange and vivid and a little disturbing, all of which I attribute to pregnancy, but it meant I woke up feeling odd.

Once I came downstairs, it was obvious the kids were both feeling needy and cranky themselves and John was irritable. It's one thing when one of us is out of sorts and the other parent is fine, because then it sort of balances out. But when we're both teetering near the edge, it's just not good.

So far, we've managed, but we're both snappy and the kids are showing it by being moody and testy themselves. Ack, I really don't like this...but I don't know for sure how to change it. I'm hoping getting everyone out of the house this afternoon will help.

It's also a bummer because it's the weekend and this is when things are supposed to be relaxed and fun, right? Sigh.

No comments: